This is my list of favourite gardening gifts.
If you are looking for a gift idea for a friend who is a keen gardener or for a present for a special occasion like Mothers’ Day or Christmas then look no further. This page includes links to favourite gift retailers who will often offer discounts for online purchases as well as Free delivery offers.
Here is my selection of best gifts for gardening amateurs. And if any of my gardening friends are reading this, take a hint…
Top gardening presents for 2012
- The perfect gardening stocking filler: why not gift-wrap a nice selection of garden seeds? I recommend these 10 packets of quality seeds as a nice gifting selection from only £1.49 each.
Herbs are popular with most gardeners and a typical selection will include: parsley, dill, and coriander.
Flowers which are easy to grow and will brighten up any garden : Sunflowers, Calendula, or sweet peas for a nice cottage garden feel!
Vegetables which can be sown easily indoors or in a greenhouse include: tomatoes (why not try this basket variety), broad beans, or lettuce.
- RHS Plants for Places – one of the best books available on which plants to grow where in your garden by the RHS – just £9.99 from John Lewis. Indeed it is often difficult to know what plants to grown in shade for example. Similarly certains plants like rhododendron, heathers or azaleas need ericaceous soil to perform at their best.
- A grow your own Chilli gift box set for those of you who like your gardening hot and spicy.
- A raised bed which comes in a ready-for-use kit and is made of heat retaining panels : perfect for growing vegetables throughout the year. Just £36.99 from Thompson & Morgan.
- A nice Tool Set because it’s important to use quality tools which will last for a lifetime – try this colourful Wiliam Morris patchwork print tool set.
Cute green gifts
- This elegant sculpture of a heron (right) for garden use is available from John Lewis for just £112.
- For her: a cherry blossom beauty gift set by L’occitane, it includes a scented hand cream which comes in useful for the busy gardener. (Only £15 from John Lewis)
- What about a stylish water feature like this Barcelona Water Feature is in the shape of a vase.
The Ultimate Gardeners’ gifts (ideal for Mothers’ Day and Fathers’ Day)
For the people that you know who are keen gardeners and who will want to make the most of the seasons and grow-their-own vegetables and plants I recommend:
A greenhouse either a mini-greenhouse or a full size one as seen below:
- You can find good value for money mini greenhouses from Thompson & Morgan which are handy for starting off small plants and which will fit nicely on a patio, from only £29.99.
- This full-size greenhouse looks similar to mine: one-door greenhouse, aluminium frame, except that the panels are the Polycarbonate Glazing type.
- Another option on my list of ideal gifts: a Corner garden structure also known as Corner Arbour or gazebo, offering a stylish sitting area in the shade.
- Learn all about the skills involved in garden landscaping with the Garden Design gift experience.
Finally – for the personal touch: don’t forget that you can also grow plants which, when presented in an elegant container can make great presents for your friends and family.
Please note that the above items may change from time to time including availability, description and prices. The above information is for reference only and we recommend that you check the links provided for further details.